We believe that a quality EAP encompasses not only a full range of services for prompt assistance with employee/family concerns, but also consultative services for managers and supervisors. Many employee personal problems are not necessarily the result of a diagnosed mental health disorder or chemical dependence, but “problems in living” that often result in substantial disruption in employees’ lives and ability to function effectively at work. Some of these problems, such as marital or parent-child conflicts, are frequently excluded from a health services offering and, if left untreated, can progress into a mental disorder and result in higher “indirect” expenses later.
Characteristics That Define Our Philosophy
The following characteristics define our philosophy and approach to the design and delivery of EAP services:
- We believe the key to a cost effective EAP is an assertive and culturally appropriate program awareness campaign that leads to early intervention and program utilization.
- We make sure employees and their families have friendly and easy access to EAP counseling services regardless of where they live, work, travel, or go to school.
- Our EAP has a strong workplace orientation, which is why we recommend conducting regular supervisory referral training and having a defined process for tracking formal management referrals.
- The most effective service models blend the best of onsite, offsite, and virtual features, creating barrier-free access for all types of beneficiaries of EAP services.
- Organizations need meaningful metrics to guide decisions about the effectiveness of their EAP, which is why we implement program evaluation methods on a country by country basis.
- EAP vendors and affiliates have a responsibility to know and work towards compliance with professional standards of EAP practice and administration to ensure acceptable levels of quality oversight.
- A quality improvement program should regularly monitor and audit key aspects of the program as well as help the customer proactively manage risk.
- We routinely integrate with employer sponsored health and wellness benefits, without diluting the core functions of the EAP.
- Maintaining a strong customer service and account management capability, both at the corporate office and “in-country” level, is key to customer satisfaction and retention.
- We seek customers who treat outsourced vendors as essential partners that help build or sustain a healthy, more productive workforce.