24 Hour Telephone Access
Employees and eligible family members use a toll free line as the single access point for EAP services. Trained counselors directly answer the phone to:
- explain the EAP service;
- arrange an “in person” assessment session; or
- arrange for legal, debt management, elder care or other work-life services;
- provide an intervention over the telephone if indicated.
Together, the EAP clinician and employee discuss the problem, its context and possible solutions. The EAP clinician also focuses on how the employee’s problems may interfere with work performance. Assessment includes:
- A review of client rights, EAP services and confidentiality;
- A review of presenting and related problems, taking into account the employee’s strengths, coping skills and motivation for change;
- An evaluation of any high risk factors, such as substance abuse, suicide potential and domestic violence;
- A determination whether the employee’s concerns can be handled with short term counseling within the EAP or whether a referral beyond the EAP is indicated; and
- A solution-focused action plan that addresses the employee’s concerns and resolves issues that may disrupt work performance.
Short Term Counseling
Short term counseling is most appropriate in situations related to “problems in living” (e.g. marital distress, parenting concerns, work related stress, interpersonal communication issues, mild anxiety, grief and loss). Usually this means between one to six sessions.
Subsequent Referral Beyond the EAP
If the problem cannot be resolved within the EAP, the EAP clinician refers the employee to the most appropriate and available resource for additional counseling, treatment or support.
Post-Treatment Follow Up
When an employee is required to be absent from work to participate in a treatment program, Chestnut Global Partners (CGP) will work with appropriate company liaisons to coordinate a reintegration plan for the employee reentering work after completion of treatment.
Once the client has been referred beyond the EAP, the EAP counselor who assessed the client is responsible for conducting initial follow up. The purpose of this initial follow up is to ensure successful connection with the referral resource and to determine if a therapeutic relationship has begun.
CGP Wellness: Change. Grow. Perform.
Promote Change, Grow awareness and confidence and help an individual or employer to Perform to their fullest ability. This is the Chestnut Global Partners (CGP) boutique approach to wellness.
Our results demonstrate CGP’s ability to provide wellness services to meet corporate and individual wellness objectives. We accomplish this by customizing our programs to fit your needs.
CGP’s Wellness Services and Programs: (Download the CGP Wellness brochure here.)
- Health Coaching
- Disease Management
- Disease Prevention
- Smoking Cessation
- Health Risk Assessment
- Education and Workshops
- Programs and Events
Click below to learn more about our boutique approach.
One Time Consultation with Registered Dietitian or Certified Health Fitness Specialist
CGP's EAP services has a Registered Dietitian (RD) and a Certified Health Fitness Specialist (HFS) on staff to answer your nutrition and/or exercise related questions. One time per year, EAP clients have the opportunity to have a free, telephonic consultation with the RD and/or HFS.
The topics include but are not limited to:
- Carbohydrate counting
- Calorie/nutrient recommendations
- Reading food labels
- Food logging
- Eating out healthy
- Portion control
- Menu planning/grocery shopping
- Customized workout plans
- Cardiovascular exercise recommendations
- Resistance training recommendations
- Target heart rate ranges
- Identifying individual risk for exercise (should you see a doctor?)
- Goal assessment
Each consultation will be followed by a written recommendation for reference.
Our financial consultation services are designed to help identify strategies for wise money management and responsible credit use. Consultants are knowledgeable on a wide range of financial topics and can provide assistance in areas such as the following:
- Credit counseling and debt consolidation
- Credit report review
- General financial planning (due to life events such as divorce, retirement, birth of a child, getting married or job loss)
- Loan issues (student, car, mortgage and refinancing options)
- Tax consultation
Identity Theft Solutions
Identity Theft Solutions is a restoration service included in our standard EAP offering for employees and their dependents. Following a 60 minute consultation with a highly trained fraud specialist, the specialist will work directly with the proper financial institutions and creditors to issue fraud alerts and restore the employee’s credit rating. In most cases, issues can be resolved in as little as six weeks.
CGP, in partnership with LifeAdvantages, offers clients a state of the art website that is both comprehensive and detailed. Website features include:
- A rich library containing thousands of articles, tip sheets, videos, podcast, calculators, and checklists on a variety of work and life event topics. A section in Spanish is also available.
- Tools for Managers: a section devoted to helping managers find information on dealing with difficult employees, enhancing communication skills and addressing drugs and alcohol in the workplace. Managers can also take assessments, quizzes, participate in interactive training and listen to webinars and teleconferences.
- Emergency resources and information on how to prepare for and deal with emergencies such as hurricanes, flooding and pandemic flu.
- Quizzes and interactive assessments.
- Health and wellness content from expert medical writers in both English and Spanish.
- Care Solutions, a proprietary tool that helps find the right child and adult care services for family members.
Creative ways to help employees in their everyday life, including: tools to find local resources such as locations for the least expensive gas, local DMV office locations, etc. We also offer an online discount center with more than 22,000 national and local discounts.
Prior to or following an in home assessment provided by a CGP consultant, the participant can receive written materials through our work-life program. Our consultation services are designed to not only respond to the user’s presenting concern, but to also scope out the full range of support required to resolve the members need with regard to caring for an elderly parent.
When calling a legal office, it is rarely possible to speak directly with an attorney and there are often delays in obtaining appointments. For most individuals, attorneys are only consulted when a major event occurs. General legal advice and preventive consultation are not widely available. CGP’s Legal Services help employees resolve a variety of legal questions and concerns before they impact employee workplace performance. The program offers:
- One initial, 30 minute office or telephone consultation with an attorney at no cost for any non employment related question or concern.
- Mediation services for child custody, divorce, real estate, and landlord/tenant or consumer disputes are also included.
- Unlimited access for as many different legal issues as needed.
- A preferred rate reduction of 25% will be available on additional services.
- Nationwide network of experienced, licensed attorneys and mediators.
- "Do It Yourself" legal forms for document preparation: divorce, wills, living wills, power of attorney (financial, health, etc.), immigration and more.
- Free online process to create personal wills guaranteed to hold up in all states, with the exception of Louisiana.
Work-Life Concierge Services
CGP’s Work-Life Concierge Services helps employees achieve a better balance between work and family life by providing consultation, information and referral support through CGP’s strategic alliance with LifeAdvantages. Our work-life services provide employees and dependents:
- Resource services. Specialists provide resources and referrals to providers for adult care, child care, education and adoption needs.
- Vacancy checks on all providers. Vacancy and availability checks are conducted on all providers and services prior to making the referral to ensure that employees do not waste valuable time. Our team also verifies location, cost, and business hours of the provider.
- Convenience Services. Our specialists can help employees and household dependents find everyday services such as home repairs, movers, tickets, specific products, restaurants, hotels and pet care.
- Enhanced, customized referral packets. During the consultation, our Work-Life specialists educate the employee/household dependents about various options so they can make informed decisions about providers based on need such as location, cost, type, etc. In addition to referrals, packets include educational materials to assist employees in making an educated decision that is best for their family.
- Unlimited consultations and referrals. Employees and household dependents can contact our program as many times as they wish.
- 100% follow up. We follow up at least three times with all employees/household dependents who use our Work-Life Services to ensure full satisfaction with the consultation, education and referrals provided.
We have responded to numerous traumatic workplace incidents at employer facilities throughout North America and around the world over the past several years including serious accidental injuries and fatalities, explosions, kidnappings, disasters, attempted or actual assaults by disgruntled employees, and major workplace upheaval. With hundreds of onsite responses over the years, we have provided the necessary education, support and trauma counseling to help our clients re-establish feelings of security, control and normalcy as quickly as possible.
Responsive Service on Case-By-Case Basis
- The best crisis intervention service enables quick decision making and allocation of resources, and responds to the needs of supervisors, employees and family members as they unfold.
- Crisis services can efficiently address the profound disruption caused by an unexpected, dramatic event at work or in the local community, such as accidents, death, natural disasters and hostage taking.
- CGP will provide rapid response to critical incidents involving employees and will work with you to familiarize our provider network with the special concerns and requirements of supervisors, employees and their families.
- We will coordinate interventions - telephone based and face-to-face from our home office.
- We have responded to requests for crisis intervention services in both urban and remote areas of the world. We have a long track record of successfully working with affected individuals to help them.
Individual Crisis Counseling
This is a service designed for any company requesting our assistance on an individual case by case basis. It is particularly useful for expatriates and their immediate family living outside of the U.S.A. Whether the issue is a cultural adjustment, a problem at work, anxiety, depression, family conflict or a traumatic event, your employee will receive quick access to professional intervention.
Group Critical Incident Services
This typically involves a larger number of employees directly or indirectly affected by an unexpected, dramatic event at work. CGP's EAP includes critical incident intervention for traumatic events such as accidents, death, natural disasters and hostage situations. In the wake of a critical incident, CGP moves quickly to activate our local providers and schedule an intervention before employees experience the negative impact of unaddressed trauma.